Tuesday 28 May 2013

Cinnamon Body Scrub

I needed something for the mother-in-law's birthday last week so after a bit of researching on the net, I came up with this Cinnamon Body Scrub.  It was super easy to make, and smelt delicious.  

I had an excess left over after filling the jar so used it myself this weekend, and can report that my skin was wonderfully smooth afterwards!


All you need is:

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of sweet almond oil 
12 drops of cinnamon essential oil

Mix the essential oil into your carrier oil, and add it to the sugar until you have the consistency of wet sand.  Mix well and store in a jar.


Obviously you could use any essential oil for whatever is your favourite smell (or that of the person it is for).  

I found some very useful info here on making your own body scrubs, including salt and sugar scrubs, and then just adapted it for my own recipe.

I prettied the jar up with a label and a ribbon and it looked great - a personalised gift that anybody would be glad to receive!

I used a tea-cup for measuring purposes.


No comments: