Friday 31 May 2013

Bath Paints

We were faced with another wet day on Tuesday, the first official day of our half term holiday, so I got around to making up some bath paint for the kids to enjoy.  I've been meaning to do this for a while and as we skipped bath time on Monday due to a late pub supper, I had the perfect excuse!  

I've seen many "recipes" on the web for this so I made one I vaguely recalled using clear bubble bath and cornflour, along with some food colouring.  I kept the food colouring to a minimum, just in case it stained anything but it was fine - in fact, the colours were a little muted so I would probably used some more next time.


I used 1 cup of bubble bath (or body wash) - just make sure it is clear or the colour won't work as well.  Add around 2-3 tbsp cornflour, or enough to thicken it up to your desired consistency.  Separate the mixture at this point, and add a few drops of food colouring to the different pots.

Add two paintbrushes and some eager children then let loose on the bath tiles!  


They loved it, drawing pictures and writing letters on the walls.  Plus they had just as much fun washing it off the walls with the shower afterwards!


No comments: