Monday 21 January 2013

Ham, Cheese & Onion Muffins

Although I posted a recipe for cheese & ham muffins before, this one is way easier to make. When I called DS to the table for lunch on Sunday and he found two of these waiting for him, he said "Cakes?  For lunch, mummy?!  Yum!"  



I think this must have been an American recipe originally (I found it again recently, scribbled on a piece of paper in one of my cook books) as we don't tend to use cups as measurements so just to show you what I'm using...

This only comes out of the cupboard when the Mother In Law comes to visit!

Ingredients
1 cup of milk
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1.5 cup self-raising flour
1 egg
1 onion
4/5 slices of ham

Method
Chop your onion, and fry in a little oil or butter then set aside.  Whizz the ham in the processor so it shreds (or you could just tear it up if you weren't as lazy as me!)

Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl and give it a thorough stir.  Spoon in muffin cases and bake for 20-25  mins at 180 degrees.

Note: If you have them, use silicone cases - the muffins will slip out easily but they tend to stick to paper cases due to the lack of butter in this recipe.


No comments: