Saturday 12 January 2013

Doll's Skirt

As soon as I saw the gorgeous skirt that Ashley over at Make It Love It made for her daughter's room, I knew I wanted to give it a go - this is my version.  

DD's favourite doll, Big Dolly, is lacking in the wardrobe department so it was a good excuse.


 Ashley's tutorial is wonderfully clear so I won't repeat the instructions here - just head over to her site if you want to see how to do it properly.  I was using up scraps of material so my skirt didn't bunch out as much because the material piece was not very long - just twice the width of the doll's waist (same with the netting underneath).  I also like to do my sewing in the evening so this was made entirely by hand, not machine.  

Front of the skirt

Back with netting
DD was thrilled this morning to find it ready for Big Dolly to wear...and now she has asked for a top to go with it!  Guess that will be tonight's job :/


2 comments:

Dionna @ Code Name: Mama said...

Super cute! I got to try my hand at doll clothes sewing this Christmas; Kieran wanted to make Ailia a doll :) Yours is adorable!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Dionna - I made a top to go with it the next day...pretty ropey by anybody's standards but the little girl loves it :o)