Monday 17 December 2012

Cheese Straws

I made these for a little Christmas party with DD's friends today and they went down very well with the kids as well as the mums!  It was really a trial run for xmas day at my house...I sat & planned my menu last night and these are going alongside the canapes I'm serving.




Ingredients
Puff pastry - I used 1 rolled sheet from a box, around 300g
30g Parmesan cheese
60g cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons English mustard
Egg yolk
Dash of milk


Method
Grate the cheeses and mix together in a bowl.

Unroll the pastry sheet and cut in half.  Roll one half out to around double its size (but not too thin).  Spread a teaspoon of mustard on and sprinkle half the cheese over, leaving a little space around the edges.  

Beat the egg yolk and milk together then brush the edges of the pastry, before folding it over in half and sealing it.  Cut it into strips and holding either end, twist each strip twice before placing it on a baking tray.  (You'll do yourself a favour if you line the tray with baking parchment, as the cheese oozes out and sticks!)

Bake at 180 for 12-15 minutes.


No comments: