Thursday 25 October 2012

Fireworks Picture

I am ridiculously bad at most kind of arts and crafts with the kids.  Seriously, it's embarrassing.  I have these good ideas, or see something that looks easy, but when it comes to actually doing it, they never turn out very well and I get disheartened.

Dear Son saw this while watching Mister Maker last week and I figured even I could manage this one!  We enjoyed some small fireworks in the garden last week too so he was even more interested in this very topical theme ;)

Our results!  (Top: Mum's attempt, bottom left: DS (4 years), bottom right DD (2 years)


You will need:

Black / blue card
Poster paints (i.e. the type you can splodge on)
Brush
Squeezy glue (i.e. not a stick)
Glitter 

Squeeze blobs of paints at random points on the card.  Using your brush, flick outwards from the centre of the blob to create an "explosion".  

When the paint is dry, dab glue all over the card and sprinkle over the glitter.  Shake off the excess and display proudly on the fridge ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...they look great...i haven't been game to try this one with my 2 yr olds yet but perhaps time to give it a try!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I was pretty reluctant to let DD try it but just lately I feel like I'm leaving her out of so much that her brother does so I'm trying to adopt a "WTH" attitude! She loved it too.