Monday 15 October 2012

Dressmaking & Alterations

When we moved here last year, I had trouble finding somewhere that could take up a pair of jeans in not only a reasonable amount of time (i.e. not 2 weeks!) and for a reasonable price.  The local dry-cleaners seemed to outsource and material shops I tried wanted to charge an extortionate price so when the time came to have 3 pairs of DS' trousers taken up for school, I was resigned to doing them myself...very badly.

 

So I was very relieved to spot a card in a local supermarket advertising Caroline Harvey-Taylor offering alternations & dressmaking.  I called up and Caroline came to my house within a few days, measured up the trousers whilst DS was wearing them and took them away only to return them just a few days later all done!  In the interests of saving money, I had requested that we take them up loosely so that I could let them down again when he has a growth spurt but after 3 weeks of school discovered that boys and anything you need to be vaguely gentle with do not go well...  I called Caroline again to ask that she cut & machine the trousers now that I had learnt my lesson, and she again had them back to me within 2 days (and over a weekend no less so that DS could wear them for school on Monday!)  

I can highly recommend Caroline's services and will be using them again in the future for any alternations I need.  She can also copy any design you have so if your favourite dress is looking a bit tired, she can make you a brand spanking new one in any material you like!

Caroline is based in Headley and you can contact her on 07746-151961 or via charveytaylor@gmail.com

No comments: