Saturday 20 October 2012

Breadsticks

When I saw Domestic Goddesque's post on making breadsticks with only TWO ingredients, I was heading over to read it right away.  We eat a lot of breadsticks in this house (since my dentist told me the cause of DS's slight tooth decay was eating too much fruit!) and as I've been really strapped for time lately, the two ingredients part made me think that it must be a super speedy recipe.



Although the original recipe calls for equal amounts of yoghurt & flour, it was far too sticky for me to do anything with so I kept adding more flour until it was workable - I think next time I would start out with these amounts:

1 cup of plain yoghurt
1.5 cup of self-raising flour

Mix them together and knead on a well-floured board.  It will look like glue to begin with but stick with it (no pun intended!) and keep adding more flour a little at a time if needed.

Break off small pieces and roll into sausage shapes.  Brush with a beaten egg and add a topping if required - I sprinkled some with sesame seeds (the fatter ones in the centre of the plate) but the tastiest ones were those I generously sprinkled with Parmesan before baking (the skinnier ones around the edge).

Bake for 10 mins at 180 and enjoy.




No comments: